08 September 2010

Welcome to the McSweeney's on William Street

Life is moving along here. Today, Matt and I became official letters of:
30/2 William Street
Edinburgh EH3 7LJ
United Kingdom

In case you don't believe us, it's true!


Take a look if you like - This is a bit of what it looks like from the street:

Opposite our flat is a cafe that looks like it has some good comfort food that may be ideal for a quick hot meal during a bad weather day (many to come I hear).
Our bit of bedroom here...hard to get an easy angle of it as there wasn't much space to back into for the shot. The thing is, it epitomizes "cozy" in the best way.

Here is a view of our wee kitchen... Our new Aberdeen friend from the Edinburgh Ward, Alan Adam, gives our place his blessing. Thanks to him and Alyson for driving our luggage across the crazy roads off Princes Street. We love it! And feeling very much relieved to finally have a place to call our own after weeks of trying to plan ahead and then paying day by day at a hostel until everything worked itself out in its own timing. I will admit that I will miss passing the time with new, interesting and international company each day, it will be nice not to sleep with earplugs and wake up every morning wondering where I am and why my back hurts so much.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that yellow paint. Good job on the apartment and thank you so much for all the pictures. I love seeing apt photo tours. Thanks also for the obvious link to this treasure. I missed it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Check out that awesome key to the ol' flat. And you're going to have to try that Broccoli Blue Cheese soup and then tell me how to make it. It sounds awesome. You and Matt look happy to be settled. We'll have to video chat soon and get the whole scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're living in Scotland and I am utterly jealous. How long will you be there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH what fun. Your very own WEE place. Thank you for the pictures. If you ever try out the butternut squash stew I'd love to hear what you thought of it. (and the beetroot mash)You are really there. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so in love with how adorable your life is :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Wee flat! Glad to see you are all settled in your own place. The Church sure provides help in all places in the World. Keep the pictures coming. Love Them.

    ReplyDelete