27 March 2011

Afternoon Cuppa at Loopy Lorna's

A social has been in order for us Girlguide leaders of the 166th unit for a while now. We decided on a meeting for High Tea yesterday afternoon at Loopy Lorna's. It was my first time having a proper afternoon tea and to be sure, it did not disappoint. Just look at this spread...

Highlights of this particular tea house are the delightfully mix-matched dishes and cooky knitted cozies of different animals. Mine was a duck...as you can see.

Louise and Signe shared a pot of "Blooming Amazing" which was a whimsical tea that budded open as it steeped to reveal a Lily inside. The wonders of British tea artistry!


My favourite were the scones with clotted cream (life changing it was!) and fresh raspberry preserve. Heaven. The preserve was stunningly tart and with just the right balance of sweet I couldn't help myself but shamelessly dish up rather unlady-like portions of it for nearly everything I ate. Luckily I was among friends so I don't think they judged me. Needless to say it was one of those cultural flavours I was glad to sample during my time here.

1 comment: