04 October 2010

I love Scotland in the Autumn...

I think last week was the first time that I have started to actually feel pretty happy here in my Edinburgh life.
I am not sure what exactly it was. It could be a number of things:
- Getting into a routine of running in Holyrood Park. Seriously folks, this park can make you happy on the roughest/saddest of days. Check out how happy it came make you from the pic above.
-Finding a terrific Indian takeaway (Spice-tacular) place within a couple of blocks of our flat.
-Being asked to get more involved in the ward by teaching the 14-18 year old Sunday school class.
-Having our boiler work in making both hot water and central heating work in our flat - finally!
-Finding out there is some food here that I could happily eat for a year without feeling sick all the time (three cheers for houmus!)
-Having a 70 year old man in full Scotsman regalia (complete with cane, tartan hat and pom-pom, sash, kilt, otter purse and crossed laced shoes) yell: "Ten miles more to go" in a thick brogue when I ran past him on the Royal Mile this weekend.

I am sure the cold, dark months ahead and the fact that I haven't found a job will be making life...well life along the way. Still, it is great to start being able to enjoy the experience a bit rather than just trying to be a good sport about things.

2 comments:

  1. I love your honesty. I think it's important to blog about real "life" sometimes. Wow, to be in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks beautiful there! i also like your honesty too...love how you're not faking that you LOVE it. i wish i could be more open about how much i hate living in arizona, haha :)

    ReplyDelete